Wednesday 9 March 2016

CAE Restaurant review sample

"You went to a newly-opened restaurant with your family to celebrate your father's 50th birthday. Based on the visit, write a review of the restaurant. (220-260 words)"
 
The "Aquila Nera" restaurant
 
The "Aquila Nera" is a newly-opened restaurant in the centre of town. It is also by far the best place for families and friends to spend a nice and quiet evening eating delicious home-made food.
I had the opportunity to go there to celebrate my father’s birthday and I had a wonderful time.   
 
As you enter the place you are welcomed by a familiar and cosy atmosphere. The walls are made of stone, which gives the restaurant a vintage and traditional look, and there are just a few tables. There is some soft background music from the 80s and 90s.
 
Regarding the food, they offer a variety of focaccia bread rolls as a starter, with tomato sauce, mozzarella, zucchini and almonds. They were my favourite part of the meal.   The main course that I had consisted of pasta: gnocchi with different sauces. It tasted like heaven on earth. They also have desserts in the menú; I chose to have creme brulee.
 
Slightly disappointing though, was the service. I had to wait twenty minutes for the dishes to arrive, as there were only two waitresses. However, I have to say in their defence, that both of them were very young, kind and friendly.
 
Despite the long wait for the food, it was absolutely mouthwatering, and the atmosphere very pleasant. For this reason, I have no hesitation in recommending going to the "Aquila Nera" restaurant. Judging on the tast of the dishes, I would give it 5 stars!


Submitted by Anna Viero
240 words




No comments:

Post a Comment